On September 3, 2014, parents voted to have school uniforms at WCH (68% approval). As a result, all students must wear the school uniform.
Our principal Maria Osses-Watson has determined that shopping for uniforms in the midst of a pandemic would be an undue hardship for our families. We will forego requiring uniforms for our students this year. We will be creating a survey to our families to invite their opinion as to whether we should resume requiring uniforms for the 22-23 school year.
The school uniform is:
- Pants - Navy blue pants/shorts
- Shirt - buttoned with a collar - navy blue or white.
- Hijabs - Navy, white or black. See the school website for more information.
- Sweatshirts - A school sweatshirt or a navy or white sweatshirt
- Hats, gloves and warm jackets - any color but must be removed in the building if they are not the school colors.
Clothing should be labeled with your child’s name. If your child loses clothing, they can check the lost and found area located in the cafeteria. The lost and found is cleared at the end of each quarter so check the bins regularly.
The following types of clothing should not be worn to school: halter tops or tops that show the midriff, short shorts, or clothing with alcohol, cigarette or drug messages, or gang affiliations. All pant waistbands should be at the waist. Hats/hoodies are not to be worn inside the building except for religious or cultural affiliations.